MLB The Show 22 was on display during the Nintendo Direct early today. The quick video shows brief glimpses of gameplay, mostly of cover athlete Shohei Ohtani.
Here are some of the features listed from the Nintendo Store.
- Diamond Dynasty is back and better than ever! Play, collect, and build on your fantasy card collection and bring to life on the diamond.* Try the new Mini Seasons mode, where each season brings new challenges as you face off against a new set of competition!
- Face your friends with cross-platform play.** With cross progression, continue your progress and earn and use content on other console platforms.***
- Stepping up to the plate for the first time? Tailor your experience with gameplay styles and two new difficulty settings to help you get the hang of the basics.
- New Intro Presentations provide the most immersive ballpark experience yet.
- Play March to October in your style, with updated mode tools to utilize custom uniforms, logos, and created stadiums.
- Live out your dream Baseball matchups with new Legends joining the diamond.
The Standard Edition of MLB The Show 22 releases on April 5 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and for the first time, Nintendo Switch. It will also be available on Day One for Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
Fans that purchase the Digital Deluxe or MVP Editions will get a four day head start with early access starting on April 1 at 12:00 AM ET.