The latest patch is titled Journey’s End and is free to all owners of the base game. Essentially, it adds a bunch of new content to the already full-to-the-brim crafting and survival experience.
For a start, there’ll be a handful of new monsters, new bosses, new events added, as well as touchscreen support, new biomes, quality-of-life improvements, graphical upgrades, new music, and much more. There’ll apparently even be a new golf mini-game. Pretty nuts, right?
Go ahead and check out a full rundown of Terraria’s new Journey’s End additions below:
– Touch screen support
– Tabletop mode for two players
– New foes, including new bosses and surprising new events to seek out and confront
– Quality of Life features (Block Swap, Void Vault, Boss Health Bars, Customizable UI, and more)
– Atmospheric and weather effects play a greater role than ever (watch out for gusts of wind!)
– A Bestiary to track enemies, allies, and critters encountered
– Additional biomes and mini-biomes to explore, both above and underground
– Golf, a new fun pastime for when you want to take a break from all the monster slaying
– Town Pylons and NPC Happiness, an expansion on the town system that culminates with the ability to build a teleportation network to towns around the world
– Graphical overhauls and UI improvements including a customizable split screen interface
– New music tracks including an all new “Journey’s End” title theme, and the winning track from Terraria’s music contest by Xenon and DSniper
It’s worth noting that Terraria’s Journey’s End update is already available on other platforms, so if you’re playing on PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, Android, or PC, you’ll be able to nab the new update for no extra charge there, too.
In addition to the new update, Nintendo Switch Online is offering its members the chance to play Terraria for free from Jan. 26 to Feb. 1. You can pre-load the game onto your Switch now via the Nintendo eShop.
Finally, you can check out a recent video featuring all the new additions in Terraria’s Journey’s End update down below: